Date: 8/26/20 1:21 pm
From: Timothy Brush <timothy.brush...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Great Kiskadee(s) in Junction
Hi Rhandy,
Great sighting, and another sign that Great Kiskadees are moving way north. Based on the time of year and the fact that Great Kiskadees are often seen in groups, I think it is very possible that they bred locally. Keep your eyes open for the big, domed nest often over water. It last a while into the fall, before the weather may break it down. I don't know how long they stay in (family?) groups, but anyway they may have finished breeding fairly recently. Again, great sighting!
Regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX