Date: 8/25/20 8:31 pm
From: Randy Wardle <wrwardle...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Pajaro Dunes access
Both Pajaro Dunes association complexes are private property as we found out when researching the issue at the county building several years ago for the Shorebirds Pond Complex. The only easement granted is the beach access straight ahead at the end of Beach Rd. and the parking area to the right that the state has turned into a paid parking area. Access to either development is by permission only at their discretion. No one has the right to trespass on to the properties without proper consent. We have several bird club members already working with the association on a hopeful compromise that may allow birders access again with some kind of restrictions that have yet to be worked out. Please be patient as the process continues, and cross your fingers that the association will allow us back in sometime in the future. Please do not attempt to contact the staff or solve the issue on your own. If and when a new process is worked out an email will be sent out to birders on MBB from the members that are working on the issue at this time. Thanks.

Randy Wardle
Aptos