Date: 8/25/20 1:47 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] One loon but not THE loon at Lake Buchanan
Texbirds,

Kay Zagst and I searched for the possible Yellow-billed Loon for a few
hours this morning from the southeast shore of Lake Buchanan. While we did
find a Common Loon, we did not see the loon of interest that was
photographed on 16 August. Our Common Loon today was very dark backed and
had a very dark cap and hindneck (prominent half collar) with a relatively
small, silvery bill and dark culmen. Multiple loons have been seen by
residents along the lakeshore this summer. There's still at least one out
there that's worth following up on if you have the chance to check it out.
With permission, you can scope the south end of the lake from the Big Chief
RV Park and other public vantage points along the east shore.

We are still lacking the precise whereabouts of the loon photographed by
Lee, but presumably, it was along the east shore of the lake.

Good luck!

Justin Bosler
Austin, Texas

Join us on Facebook!