Date: 8/25/20 7:56 am
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ID help, PUMA?
We have a family of PUMA that nested late in a previously unused PUMA box
that sits in a yard along the lake (Lincoln City). 4 PUMA youngsters
just fledged two days ago. One of the adults was banded before it
fledged on July 24, 2019 at Cathlamet WA along the Columbia River.
dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 at 8:28 PM
From: "Tim Rodenkirk" <timrodenkirk...>
To: <larspernorgren...>
Cc: <KayCarter001...>, "OBOL Oregon Birders Online"
<obol...>, "<adt0611...>" <adt0611...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ID help, PUMA?I think the reason we all are
hearing/seeing more PUMA has a lot to do with Eric Horvath’s hard work
putting up boxes all over western OR 20 yrs ago. This effort has been
continued by folks like Joe Metzler in Coos County. Kudos to all the
folks involved in this. Birds are now using snag habitat all over the
south coast- I can’t hardly go anywhere without hearing PUMA calling
during the breeding season now while working in the Coast Range. 20
yrs ago there were none. Awesome job to all involved! Tim RCoos Bay On
Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 6:43 PM larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
wrote:

Two were over Luckiamute Landing state natural area this morning.
A first for me this year at that spot, which l visit on average 4
times a month. One over my house in nw Washington County a day or
two ago. Probably the latest date for my home base . But then l am
home more than anytime since l moved here 27 years ago. Increased
observer effort, however passive the motivation. Sent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone -------- Original message
--------From: Kay Carter <KayCarter001...>Date: 8/24/20
5:36 PM (GMT-08:00)To: <adt0611...>, OBOL Oregon Birders
Online <obol...>Subject: [obol] Re: ID help, PUMA?

Sounds good for Purple Martin to me. I’ve been seeing and hearing
a group of 4 birds off and on for the last several weeks from the
Canby side of the river (across
from Hebb County Park). I’m pretty sure all the ones I’ve seen are
immatures.

Kay Carter

Canby