Date: 8/24/20 12:37 pm
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Pine Grosbeak origin
I agree with David. Those are certainly pin feathers growing in and not
wing bars. Bill's photos make that pretty apparent when I zoom in. I see
it better on my phone which has higher resolution. The bird is in heavy
molt, as are many this time of year. Overall the amount and color of red
look good for Purple Finch to me. The lack of streaking on the flanks is
also better for Purple than House. It is hard to judge but I do not see
gray in the auriculars which House would show. Strange bird indeed.

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City
<jdanielfarrar...>

Join us on Facebook!