Date: 8/24/20 10:23 am
From: Gerard Lillie <gerardlillie...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lincoln Pine Grosbeak
Interesting re: the Siskins. There have been Siskins at my feeders on Mt. Tabor in Portland the entire summer. At times there have been up to 13. I hear them flying around my neighborhood and Mt. Tabor in general every day. They have not occurred here in these numbers in summer before in my experience.

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR

________________________________

With White-winged Crossbills also in Lincoln County, and some reports of big flocks of Siskins, this is turning into a big summer for winter finches.

Wayne

________________________________
From: "Alan Contreras" <acontrer56...>

Great bird, Darrel. So few records west of the Cascades. Lane has three, I think, none as far west as yours.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com

On Aug 23, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Darrel Faxon <t4c1x...> wrote:

About 2:45 this afternoon (Sunday) a Pine Grosbeak (appears to be hatch year) showed up at my feeder. Since then it has periodically come to the feeder between times of perching in nearby trees. It is at the feeder now,as of 3:20. If anyone wants to look for it, here at Thornton Creek, please call (541-875-2313) or e-mail me first. Viewing conditions are rather restricted.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!