Date: 8/24/20 7:10 am
From: Darrel Faxon <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] Pine Grosbeak origin
There has been some discussion between those of us who saw the Pine Grosbeak (Chuck Philo, Marty and Jeannie Bray, Bill Tice and myself) as to where the bird may be from. It appears to be a hatch year bird not long out of the nest, and all the red apparently has not developed in the plumage. But the plumage most strongly resembles that shown by Sibley as typical of the interior west population of the species. Marty has already posted a photo on e-bird and I think Bill plans to do so later today. We would be interested in hearing what others think in regard to this question.
Darrel

Join us on Facebook!