Date: 8/23/20 6:11 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lincoln Pine Grosbeak
I think they are much rarer south of Lincoln Co. Maybe fewer spruce, fewer adjacent high elevations? They breed in the Olympics and the WA Cascades, much closer to Clatsop.

I don’t know status in Douglas, Coos or Curry.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Aug 23, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Mike Patterson <celata...> wrote:
>
> This time of year, perhaps, but Clatsop has mulitple winter
> records, including one that spent several days at Ft Clatsop.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/24439167432
>
> > Re: Lincoln Pine Grosbeak
> > Date: Sun Aug 23 2020 17:37 pm
> > From: acontrer56 AT gmail.com
> >

> > Great bird, Darrel. So few records west of the Cascades. Lane has
> > three, I think, none as far west as yours.
>
> --
> Mike Patterson
> Astoria, OR
> What we can learn from the Northwestern Crow
> http://www.surfbirds.com/community-blogs/northcoastdiaries/?p=3895
> *******

*******
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>