Date: 8/23/20 11:42 am
From: <brrobb...>
Subject: [obol] Fern Ridge, Lane County - Prairie Falcon, Pacific Golden-Plover
Early this morning I birded from the Royal parking lot to the observation
tower to the end of Royal (you can now walk well past Tern Island) to Gibson
Island. I found a PRAIRIE FALCON sitting on the dry mud west of the
observation platform. At the end of Royal there is some reasonable
shorebird habitat (all the impoundments to the east of here are dry) with
Greater Yellowlegs, Western, Least and Spotted Sandpipers, Killdeer and
Wilsons Snipe. Here I had four Pluvialis plovers fly overhead with one a
calling PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER. There were good numbers of swallows here
including two BANK SWALLOWS. A couple Caspian Terns were with the gulls on
a sandbar.

Roger Robb

Springfield, OR

Join us on Facebook!