Date: 8/22/20 11:24 am
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Utah rare bird alert / Green Herons

> Many apologies, I sent out the Utah eBird alert earlier. Here is the one for Oregon.

Too late, half of the OBOL subscribership already crossed the Idaho state line on I-84, on their way to chase that Hudsonian Godwit near Ogden! :-)

But it was interesting to see the report of a Green Heron just off I-80 a little east of Salt Lake. Per the Nevada listserv, Rob Lowry also found one in Winnemucca yesterday. That's a very rare species to see anywhere in the northern Great Basin, any time of year -- but now two are being seen simultaneously, both within a stone's throw of I-80.

--

Joel Geier

Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!