Date: 8/22/20 9:47 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] American Bittern and Rufous Hummingbirds in Lubbock
Greetings All:

The continuing American Bittern was still chasing frogs at Clapp Park
at 10:30 and there are still at least three Soras on the premises.

Also of interest: a very strong (for our region) wave of Rufous
Hummingbirds. There were at least one first fall female and two first
fall males at Clapp Park. Later in the morning, I noted two more (an
adult male and a first fall male) at the TTU Arboretum/Gardens while
on my way to the (sadly closed) recycling center. When I got home, I
still had an adult female and a first fall male at my feeders.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!