Date: 8/21/20 6:46 pm
From: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7...>
Subject: [obol] Red Knot at Fernhill Wetlands this afternoon about 2:30PM
https://ebird.org/checklist/S72662228

I apologize for not getting this out sooner. I thought I saw reddish
on one of the birds flying with 3 or 4 Greater Yellowlegs, but
wasn’t sure until I downloaded my 200+ photos onto my computer and
was sure of the ID. All the shorebirds were at the largest
mitigation pond SE of the east gazebo. It’s the one with 3 or 4 tall
poles standing in the middle. There’s lots of mud out there right
now, prime for migrating shorebirds. It’s a bit of a challenge to
walk out there (at least for me at 83) but it’s doable. If you
plan on chasing this bird, I’d advise wearing rubber knee boots
because there’s soft mud at the edges of the ponds where you walk to
get there. Follow the shoreline, looking for knocked d own weeds and
boot prints, which should get you there.

Good Luck,

Nels Nelson

Hillsboro

Sent from Mail for Windows 10