Date: 8/21/20 5:32 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Knots on the Rocks
This is knot a recent sighting. Apologies to those who have heard it
before.
Back in the last century Nick Lethaby found a Great Knot on the Bandon
mudflats. It was there a long time and was known to hang out with
'regular' knots on the
jetty at high tide. When I finally made it down there, it was very
accommodating. After the tide came in, I headed down to the jetty to see
if it would show up.
But, all there was, was a single regular knot. Oh well, I had already
OD-ed on it out on the flats.
While I was there, a large group of California birders arrived in a van to
try for a great sighting. They soon found the Knot on the Rocks, as
advertised,
and started congratulating each other with high fives, etc. I didn't
disturb their elation. Not sure how it eventually turned out for them.
Bob OBrien Carver OR
PS Can you tell which is which in the attached photo.

Join us on Facebook!