Date: 8/21/20 4:21 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Red Knot -- Yes
The first Knot l ever saw  anywhere was an adult still in alternate plumage, at Seal Rock, July 5 1988. Totally keeping company with the Oystercatchers.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> Date: 8/21/20 3:51 PM (GMT-08:00) To: <ninerharv2...> Cc: <obol...> Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Red Knot -- Yes I was out also. In addition to the juvie RED KNOT there were three RUDDY TURNSTONES (two adults and one juvie) and one WANDERING TATTLER plus 110+ Black Turnstones.The birds then all flew over to the base of the south jetty where Don, Robyn and I had great looks at them except for the knot which must stick to the north jetty. Also on south jetty were over 100 Least Sandpipers, at least two Western Sands, 19 oystercatchers, and a couple Killdeer. Fun times with close up looks at shorebirds! Great find by Don and Robyn. Weird to see a knot hanging out on the jetty?Happy shorebirding!Tim Rodenkirkheaded back to Coos BayOn Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 1:11 PM HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2...> wrote:As Don Henise reported earlier, the Red Knot was still present on the rocks of the North Jetty on the Coquille River at noon, then flew over to the other side of the North Jetty. About 2/3 of the way down to Jetty.Harv Schubothe

Join us on Facebook!