Date: 8/21/20 10:22 am
From: Harry Armistead <harryarmistead...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Mystery marsh bird
Sora seems likely based on description, time of year & habitat. There are many good recordings of sora that would help. This time of year Claudia Wilds and I found one in the marsh at the north side of Oregon Inlet, NC, in 1977, and I heard one in mid-August at the Easton, MD, wastewater treatment place. Presumably all these are post-breeding individuals.