Date: 8/20/20 8:51 pm
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Mystery marsh bird

Does anyone have a guess about which bird would be calling in a marshy area at this time of night? I was just out with the dog and heard a clear, single note, sounding like "you", repeated every 2 seconds or so. Definitely not a hoot, more like a whistle.Then I heard something make a raspy, hissing noise much closer--opossum?---and so we went back inside, which is why I don't have a recording.Pat ValdataCrisfield, MDSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone