Date: 8/20/20 8:33 am
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Swainson’s Thrushes Moving 8/20/20
I am glad you mentioned this Tim, as Iforgot to post my observationfrom
yesterday. I was out photographing moths at 1am on 19 Aug and heard my
first of season Swainson's Thrush migrant calling overhead in West Seaside.
There was also an unknown passerine call. Nightly I am hearing lots of
Western and Least Sandpipers, an occasional Red-necked Phalarope and
Greater Yellowlegs calling overhead as they are seemingly migraring as well.

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020, 08:08 Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...> wrote:

> Heard my first migrant Swainson's Thrushes calling at 0540 this AM at
> Mingus Park in Coos Bay. There were multiple calls from several directions
> overhead but only for about a 1/2 a minute so small numbers. Should really
> pick up by end of month- fall is upon us!
>
> Merry migration,
> Tim Rodenkirk
> Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!