Date: 8/1/20 6:18 pm
From: John Harshman <john.harshman...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Emily Renzel Wetlands
Adding to the Emily Renzel Wetlands theme: I went there this afternoon. There were a great many zebra-faced young pied-billed grebes. Three of them were following a parent around, begging unsuccessfully. The parent would dive frequently but we never saw food change beaks. There were a couple of common gallinules, one green heron, two killdeer, a few double-crested cormorants, and a host of mallards and Canada geese. Notable also were four American white pelicans. Even more notable were three cinnamon teal: an adult male in eclipse, an adult female, and a bird of the year, probably male.

John Harshman
San Jose

View/Reply Online (#22106): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22106
-=-=-