Date: 8/1/20 5:46 pm
From: Brooke Miller via groups.io <idbirds=<me.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Elegant Tern - Sunnyvale WPCP - Sat Aug 1
Folks,

This morning I was walking the trail between the East and West Ponds, past the radar tower, around 9 am, when an ELEGANT TERN flew over me from the East flying towards the West and beyond. There was still a lot of both RED-NECKED and WILSON’s PHALAROPES in the East Pond, with the sun behind them.

Later in the morning at the Spreckels Pond in Alviso there were several large groups of mostly WESTERN SANDPIPERS, flying in 4 separate groups in the swirling manner peeps can do. Always quite a sight! When one group set down in the west end of the pond, I was able to pick out a single SANDERLING in the group, through my scope. Also here were at least 45 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, and a small number of both Wilson’s and Red-Necked Phalaropes.

Good birding!
Brooke Miller

View/Reply Online (#22104): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22104
-=-=-