Date: 8/1/20 1:05 pm
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] 2020 eBird Game - July Report - of Interest to TCC/eBird Folk
Greetings All:

This is probably only of interest to folk who are interested in the
Texas Century Club and/or obsessed with eBird. In other words: if you
aren't interested in this sort of stuff feel free to hit the delete
button.

This is the second year of, hopefully, a two year project so I am
going to hit the reset button a wee bit. Though I have seen over 100
species in all 36 Oregon and all 254 Texas counties, I am way behind
on entering my historical data into eBird and at the beginning of
January of 2019, with 221 months of data not yet entered into eBird,
had but 14 Oregon and 71 Texas counties over 100 in eBird.

During 2019 I entered almost all of my Oregon data (still had October
1996 through December 1997) but finished off my OCC game with at least
100 species in all 36 counties ... and I made serious headway with the
Texas data (still had February of 2005 through December of 2011 to
go), getting up to 130 counties with over 100 species on my eBird
list.

In January I entered six months of historical data (October 1996
through December 1996 and February 2005 through April 2005) as well as
January itself, bringing me down to 92 months of un-entered historical
data. In February I entered twelve months of historical data (January
through April of 1997 and May through December of 2005) as well as
February itself, getting down to 80 months of un-entered historical
data. In March I entered fifteen months of historical data (May 1997
through December 1997 and January 2006 through July of 2006) as well
as March itself, getting down to 65 months of un-entered historical
data. In April I entered eight months of historical data (August 2006
through March 2007) as well as April itself, getting down to 57 months
of un-entered historical data. In May I entered 10 months of
historical data (April 2007 through December 2001 and January of
2011*) as well as May itself, getting down to 47 months of un-entered
historical data. In June I entered eleven months of historical data
(January through November of 2008) as well
as June itself, getting down to 36 months of un-entered historical
data.

In July, with drought and heat reducing local birding to very little
and the need to tend my yard to very little, I entered twelve months
of historical data (December 2008 through November of 2009) as well as
July itself, getting down to 24 months of un-entered historical data.

I managed to add sixteen counties (Anderson, Armstrong, Carson,
Childress, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Hall, Hardeman, Hartley, Hemphill,
King, Martin, Oldham, San Patricio, Schleicher, and Willacy) to my
eBirded TCC list, bringing me up to 180 out of 254 eBirded to TCC
status.

August brings with it the start of classes and, with COVID-19 very
much affecting the way I will be teaching medical students, the month
promises to be stressful. The only way I see getting a lot of data
entry happening is if I find myself using eBird data entry, instead of
bourbon and bad movies, as a form of stress relief:)

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!