Date: 8/1/20 1:02 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Alamitos Road and Hicks Road in New Almaden
It's August and the migrants should be coming through, so I drove to
Almaden Reservoir and parked on Alamitos Road at Hicks Road. Birding
west along Herbert Creek to just past Twin Creeks, I found four WESTERN
WOOD PEWEE in different locations. Three WILSON'S WARBLER were together
as were 4 HUTTON'S VIREO, possible family groups. A DOWNY WOODPECKER,
WRENTIT, HOUSE WREN, BLUE GRAY GNATCATCHER, PACIFIC SLOPE FLYCATCHER and
BLACK HEADED GROSBEAK female were all heard only. Four PURPLE FINCH flew
over giving their pit call. A quiet CASSIN'S VIREO was also seen here. I
was thrilled to see a BLACK THROATED GRAY WARBLER feed an immature bird.
A flock of CAL. QUAIL and two small flocks of WILD TURKEY hens were also
seen.

Birds of interest on Almaden reservoir were eight WOOD DUCKS including 3
young and one GREEN HERON.

Janna Pauser
Almaden Valley

View/Reply Online (#22101): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22101