Date: 8/1/20 12:10 pm
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] 2020 Photographic Game - July Report
I'm going to give it one more try: while polishing off the historical
data for eBird I'm going to take it easy and try, once more, to have a
good year in the yard, shooting for 40 species of butterfly, 0 species
of amphibian (should be able to achieve that goal:)), 2 species of
reptile, 80 species of bird, and 4 species of mammal - with at least
90% of the critters seen photographed.

Next year, by gosh and by golly, I will do something different:)

June was much worse than I hoped - as rain in the region dodged my
yard until the last few days of the month, a massive heat wave
dominated the month, and flowers, butterflies, and birds responded
accordingly. I also seem to have lost my box turtles ... or they gave
up on coming up this year.

During July I spotted 12 species of butterfly, 0 species of amphibian,
1 species of reptile, 24 species of bird, and 4 species of mammal,
bringing me up to 32 species of butterfly, 0 species of amphibian, 1
species of reptile, 47 species of bird, and 4 species of mammal -
80%, 100%, 50%, 58.75%, and 100% of my taxonomic goals for the year.
Of the eighty-four species seen so far this year, I have photographs
of seventy-six (90.48%).

I think that August will be better as the last few days of July
brought flower-replenishing rains to my yard, things seem to be
cooling down and, if nothing else, August usually brings migrant
hummingbirds and the first fall batch of butterflies.

The July list follows, coded as *= new, (y) = photographed:

Nysa Roadside Skipper
Giant Swallowtail*
Cabbage White
Lyside Sulphur