Date: 8/1/20 10:09 am
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Upland Sandpipers in Greene Co.
Drove to Dunbar Slough this morning to see if there might be migrating
shorebirds. While a couple of common ones were seen, about 90% of the
entire complex is now dry and covered with vegetation. There were 8
*Great-tailed
Grackles* in a pasture to the east of Hunter tract.
Returning east on Co. Hwy E-57, an *Upland Sandpiper *was perched on a
roadside fencepost about 5 miles from Dunbar, and 2 miles further east
another was flying parallel to E-57.

My morning bird list ended with only 51 species on it, but 18 of those were
actually seen from our back deck while I had coffee before leaving at 8 AM.
Yesterday morning we had 20 species in the backyard, and about 25 total for
this week. Our yard now seems almost better than going somewhere else to
look for birds!

Doug Harr
Ogden