Date: 8/1/20 9:36 am
From: Bob Revel <robrev...>
Subject: [slocobirding] immature Cooper's Harks
We have had a bumper crop of hawks here in Los Osos this year. We live two
blocks up from Sweet Springs and have had Immature Red Tails and immature
Red Shouldered hawks filling the air with their calls(screeches) for mommy.
Lately we have had two immature Cooper's hawks in our yard, on our fence and
in our pine tree. Their high pitched whistles were a surprise to me. This is
the first time we have had Immature Cooper's in our yard. Yesterday, one ate
a baby chick on our fence. He/she had to cover the prey because the sibling
was nearby. Got some photos on my phone, but not quality to be posted here.
So much entertainment during lock down - how could anyone get bored.

Robbie Revel

Los Osos