Date: 8/1/20 9:02 am
From: Larry Dau <lgdau9...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Loon Family Photos
We just got back from the cabin in NW Wisconsin. For the first time in 15
years the Loons on our lake had a successful nesting with 1 chick
surviving. We now have a tiny pontoon that seats 4 with an electric
motor. I went out with the small boat 6 or 7 times taking early morning
photos during lake quiet hours. Part of the photos were taken when the
young Loon was between 5 and 10 days old. A second group of photos from
another trip when the baby was 21-24 days old. I tried to stay back 50
feet or more, though the Loons sometimes came closer on their own. I
learned a lot about Loon behavior after watching them for many hours. I
thought some of you might enjoy the photo set. Photos from Washburn County
Wisconsin, near Minong.
https://larryd.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds/Loon-Family-Minong-Wi/

Larry Dau
Boone