Date: 8/1/20 8:48 am
From: Steven Tucker via groups.io <talkingtrees80=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Yard/Los Capitancillos Ponds Yellow-headed Blackbird
The blackbird just dropped into my yard again a few minutes ago. Glad some locals got to see it yesterday! The local wood duck also flew by earlier in the morning.
Steve TuckerSan Jose
On Friday, July 31, 2020, 11:56 AM, Steven Tucker via groups.io <talkingtrees80=<yahoo.com...> wrote:

An adult male Yellow-headed Blackbird has been coming to one of the feeders in my yard today, a stunning addition to the yard list and a new 5MR bird for me as well. My house is roughly between the first and second ponds east of Meridian on the Los Capitancillos Ponds and the blackbird may potentially be visible at times from the public trail, although its preferred feeder is not. It is keeping company with Red-winged Blackbirds.
Other recent yard birds of note include a pair of Wrentits (also new for the yard list) and a Wood Duck. Migrant/dispersing Black-headed Grosbeaks have been coming to the feeder as well, though they are not unexpected here in late July.
Good birding,
Steve TuckerSan Jose

View/Reply Online (#22097): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22097
-=-=-