Date: 8/1/20 7:29 am
From: Beverly Wolf <Bev_Wolf...>
Subject: RE: [birders] Essay on Swifts and an OT connection
Another OT connection. Many years ago, before I joined the list, my husband and I were out west. I’m a little sketchy on some details – it would have been Utah, Nevada, or California – and the bird in question was either a crow or raven. The incident however is clear as a bell. While my husband and I were out hiking around, a large black bird zoomed overhead and as we watched it, it went into a glide and performed a perfect barrel-roll, while it continued on. We both turned to each other and exclaimed at the same time ‘Did you see that?!’ We were amazed and in awe. We had a lot of enjoyment talking about this and in the end we decided it was an expression of pure joy in the art of flight.

Has anyone else seen this display, or heard of it, or have a less fantasized explanation?

Bev Wolf

Waterford

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/!%26!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAKS8EmyaaJ5NgfF1eUPlpZwBANlTnCJhprtFudq2LHCBs8EBACQA//8AABAAAADP4io8y7hCQaAus/tO5638AQAAAAA%<3D...>

Join us on Facebook!