Date: 8/1/20 4:20 am
From: John Kent <k2ent76...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Cohoes 8/1
This morning at Cohoes Flats, Zach and I found a Semipalmated Plover, a Lesser Yellowlegs, and a couple of Least Sandpipers. More notable was the number of Great Egrets. I had a very conservative count of 20, but I think the total was about 25. They seem to be roosting somewhere just south of Ontario Street. Also notable was the number of Ring-billed Gulls that flew up the Mohawk toward the landfill before sunrise - I ended up with a conservative rough count of 670.

John Kent
Selkirk