Date: 7/31/20 9:47 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Swift essay by Helen Macdonald
This is such an awesome essay l've almost forgiven The Times for their
half-assed coverage of the Malheur occupation. Never has a read over
morning coffee been more enchanting. Never in all my three score year. OK,
l've only consumed coffee for two score and ten, but such content and style
is ample excuse for mild exaggeration.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 8:53 PM Nancy Clogston <dmarc-noreply...>
wrote:

> The Mysterious Life of Birds Who Never Come Down
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/magazine/vesper-flights.html>
>
> The Mysterious Life of Birds Who Never Come Down
>
> Swifts spend all their time in the sky. What can their journeys tell us
> about the future?
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/magazine/vesper-flights.html>
>
> Hello Birders,
> This link is to a gorgeous essay about swifts and about life. It's by
> Helen Macdonald, author of "H is for Hawk."
> I dipped on the Black Swifts of Salt Creek Falls in Lane County this week
> but reading this essay and learning of swifts' vesper flights up to a mile
> high at dawn and at dusk to the "convective boundary layer" of the
> atmosphere gives me another kind of a thrill.
> Read it. You'll enjoy it.
>
> Nancy Clogston
> <nanclo1952...>

Join us on Facebook!