Date: 7/31/20 8:53 pm
From: Nancy Clogston <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender nanclo1952 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Swift essay by Helen Macdonald

The Mysterious Life of Birds Who Never Come Down

| | |

| |
The Mysterious Life of Birds Who Never Come Down

Swifts spend all their time in the sky. What can their journeys tell us about the future?

Hello Birders,
This link is to a gorgeous essay about swifts and about life.  It's by Helen Macdonald, author of "H is for Hawk."I dipped on the Black Swifts of Salt Creek Falls in Lane County this week but reading this essay and learning of  swifts' vesper flights up to a mile high at dawn and at dusk  to the "convective boundary layer" of the atmosphere gives me another kind of a thrill.Read it.  You'll enjoy it.

Nancy <Clogstonnanclo1952...>

Join us on Facebook!