Date: 7/31/20 8:25 pm
From: 'Art Check' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bird Behavior
Tonight I was leaving my parent’s farm near Madrid (Boone Co) with my oldest son and saw 2 nighthawks perched on a power line.
I have never seen this before and thought it was unusual. This was about at 8 pm or so.
Earlier this summer I saw a red headed woodpecker fly from a farmstead across the road to what I thought would be the wooden power pole which I have seen many times.
Instead it also landed on the power line!
Just thought it strange to witness two birds in one summer land on power lines, neither which I would typically expect.
Art Check
Nevada, IA

Sent from my iPhone