Date: 7/31/20 8:22 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Tropical Kingbirds, Rankin (Upton Co.)
Texbirds,

Just a quick note regarding a pair of Tropical Kingbirds at the Dub Day
Arena and Park off Hwy 329 in Rankin. This is a very small park with
cultivated pines, elms, cottonwoods, mulberries, pecans etc. next to a
rodeo arena. The kingbirds were in the cottonwoods at the center of the
park adjacent to the green stage and picnic area. I believe they have a
nest but I'm unsure of the status of it, and it's awfully late in the
summer for Tyrannids to have an active nest. I will follow up in the coming
week.

I was also surprised to have an adult Zone-tailed Hawk hunting in the park
and a Least and Willow Flycatcher along the eastern boundary fence line.

Good birding,
Justin Bosler
Midland, Texas

Join us on Facebook!