Date: 7/31/20 6:53 pm
From: Sue Girard <susansales535...>
Subject: [slocobirding] White Breasted Nuthatch-- new yard list entry
Late afternoon golden hour visitor, first ever sighting for my yard--a White-breasted Nuthatch (female?). Solid grey back, darker grey narrow crown stripe to forehead, long narrow bill, white face and undersides, brown tinges to wings, brown smudges near vent area. Hung out at my drip emitter-fed ground bird bath, bathed several times and left. Nearest pines are up the street, but have not seen a WBNU in my near neighborhood.  Nice to have a new yard bird as I don't often get off the Ponderosa these days.

Hooded Oriole pair , BHGrosbeak fem's are still here, but have not seen the PS Flycatchers in several days. Had a baby Thrasher pop out from under a shrub and run toward me on the patio yesterday as I was whistling some opera, thought I was his momma? It hung around as I ran through my repertoire from Basie to Baez, then the 'real' Mom appeared with a fat insect and they disappeared under the shrub.

Sue Girard
Nipomo northside