Date: 7/31/20 6:45 pm
From: Mark Haas <kathyhaas...>
Subject: Unusual Bluebird Nest Location?

At Tywappity Lake today, while still basking in the delight of seeing a
Swallow-tailed Kite, I observed adult Eastern Bluebirds flying into the
lake's covered fishing dock. That seemed odd, until closer inspection
revealed a Bluebird nest on a ledge under the overhang of the dock. They
were busily feeding three chicks. I have never seen an exposed (at least
partially) Bluebird nest. This nest location is where I typically see Barn
Swallow nests. Has anyone else had this experience? Photo in eBird checklist
https://ebird.org/checklist/S71982070 .

Mark Haas

Jackson, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/