Date: 7/31/20 3:13 pm
From: Steve Johnson <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender stevejohnson2 for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Re: Mississippi Kite - Burke (Fairfax County)
Hi David,
It's great to hear that the Atlas effort hasn't completely ended yet.  I've pretty much hung up my traveling shoes in terms of going any distance around the state again.  But there are still opportunities, as you showed here!!
Out here in western Fairfax, I recently managed to upgrade a couple of completed blocks - just adding a species here or there, and getting a slightly higher version of Confirmed (Recently Fledged Young, previously we had Carrying Food).
I will miss the whole Atlas effort.  The teamwork has been a big part of it for me - meeting others at some of the blockbusting efforts, getting an S7 (singing for 7+ days = Probable) based on someone else's S (singing) report, having someone else achieve an S7 based on my S report, etc.
My wife Lynn suggested, when the VABBA2 is over, maybe we'll go find another state conducting a Breeding Atlas.  That is an intriguing idea!!
Steve Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia