Date: 7/31/20 2:50 pm
From: Linda Solis <lskessel...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] A Note About Wood Ducks
Nice! The only time I've seen them is the little creek that runs along Los Capitancillos Ponds
(is that Guadalupe? sorry--) It was close to Meridian in a densely wooded area in the spring-- about 8 years ago. I've looked for them in that same location since then, but not seen them. They sure are pretty!
On Friday, July 31, 2020, 02:42:11 PM PDT, Lisa Myers <lisa...> wrote:

Back in the day one could find many Wood Ducks at the Almaden Reservoir. There is really no place to park along the reservoir so its quiet and green and the ducks hid on the far bank. One could easily have missed them.

Lisa Myers

On 7/31/20 1:36 PM, Frank Vanslager via groups.io wrote:

All:

Pete Dunne wrote this about Wood Ducks.  "Most waterfowl prefer an open habitat, but this duck likes to be where it's dark and thick: heavily wooded swamps or sluggish streams with overhanging branches are ideal." and "Birds often perch on logs and branches on the water or high on tree limbs (along which they can walk nimbly)."

On May 16, 2006 on my way to Yosemite I stopped for a while at Caswell State Park, where I had 2 Wood Ducks noisily fooling around high above me in the very top of tall Poplar trees.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22089): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22089
-=-=-
-=-=-