Date: 7/31/20 2:45 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] BoehnkePreserve,7-31: Olive-sidedFlyc,Red-headedWoodpeckers
This small forest preserve on the east edge of Gahanna had a nice
Olive-sided Flycatcher fly-catching from a snag. They're fast, and chase
large insects; watched him grab a dragonfly. The Red-headed Woodpeckers
resident here were putting on a good show, with 5-6 noisily interacting up
on the dead snags that seem epidemic in this park. Sure hope we're not
missing some incipient insect infestation.