Date: 7/31/20 2:41 pm
From: Ryan DiGaudio <rdigaudio...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] Possible Laughing Gull at Kehoe Beach
Hi Birders,

Today at about noon I saw this interesting gull at Kehoe Beach, ~500 m
south of the access and creek: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yZTDrjZAe5Esw1N8A
At first I thought it was likely a Franklin's Gull. However upon closer
inspection I'm now leaning towards Laughing Gull: the bill seems somewhat
big for a Franklin's (but I think I've seen larger bills than this on
Laughing), the lack of white spots on primary tips, and smudgy gray on
sides of breast I think points towards Laughing Gull. The bird was loosely
associated with a flock of ~20 Western and Heerman's gulls, and was smaller
than the Heerman's.

Good birding,
Ryan DiGaudio
Inverness, CA