Date: 7/31/20 2:42 pm
From: Lisa Myers <lisa...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] A Note About Wood Ducks
Back in the day one could find many Wood Ducks at the Almaden Reservoir.
There is really no place to park along the reservoir so its quiet and
green and the ducks hid on the far bank. One could easily have missed them.

Lisa Myers

On 7/31/20 1:36 PM, Frank Vanslager via groups.io wrote:
> All:
>
> Pete Dunne wrote this about Wood Ducks.  "Most waterfowl prefer an
> open habitat, but this duck likes to be where it's dark and thick:
> heavily wooded swamps or sluggish streams with overhanging branches
> are ideal." and "Birds often perch on logs and branches on the water
> or high on tree limbs (along which they can walk nimbly)."
>
> On May 16, 2006 on my way to Yosemite I stopped for a while at Caswell
> State Park, where I had 2 Wood Ducks noisily fooling around high above
> me in the very top of tall Poplar trees.
>
> Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22088): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22088
-=-=-
-=-=-