Date: 7/31/20 1:54 pm
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Invitation to Free Zoom Presentation on My Book Flight Calls on August 13
You're all invited to my free Zoom slide show presentation for the Peabody
Institute Library in Danvers at 6:30 to 7:30 on August 13. Please share the
invitation with any birding friends who might be interested.

Here's the promo:
*Flight Calls: Exploring Massachusetts through Birds *is a slide show
presentation by John Nelson about his 2019 book published by the U. of
Massachusetts Press. The book mixes history, science, literature, and humor
in stories about John's birding adventures and explorations of prime
birding locations—Cape Ann, the Great Marsh, Mt. Auburn Cemetery. A review
in *Birdwatching* noted: "Nelson is as talented a writer as you will find
in the birding community today. . . you don't have to be a Bay State birder
to appreciate these essays." John's essay “Funny Bird Sex” from the *Antioch
Review *was awarded a 2018 Pushcart Prize, and his narrative essay “Coming
of Old Age in Samoa” in *The Missouri Review* has been nominated for a
Pushcart Prize. He's a professor emeritus at North Shore Community
College.
Click here to register for the presentation: https://bit.ly/3geYlSZ
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F3geYlSZ%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2RF2mbWALN8EbRI9QYjCB2H0k8lLcKvRMAGxVkjEv1VdX4wvYDFkTxwmg&h=AT3OW3KvMY55xuU1H5w_2jkI2LhHi8Zs7LOaRp6JExcsLoUf4BysnlBzh5J-fH0pg5ZYDscvkTLNL-Os6aiUfBE6IdXq-QPUkOabEEcxZKCjNve25MmdkpXTquUcw_I9624oeyhtsXUh3ALXGiIh>

John Nelson
Gloucester
Attachments are

Join us on Facebook!