Date: 7/31/20 1:54 pm
From: Bob Duchesne <duchesne...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Babies, babies, and more babies.
Right now, I’m watching a family of five black-and-white warblers work the trees just over the deck, with parents feeding young. This is five weeks after I atlas-eBirded a female carrying food in the neighborhood. Must be a second brood. I understand that this species may raise a second brood in a season. But I can’t explain why I’m seeing chickadee, nuthatch, and titmouse babies this late in summer. Other birds are acting similarly suspicious. Weird.

Bob Duchesne