Date: 7/31/20 1:35 pm
From: Tom Arny <tarny...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Test send
External Email

Iíve tried twice to post recently and the message makes it to the archive, but not the on-line AZNMchat.
Iím trying agian below;
*****
My wife and I walked in South Fork Canyon of Cave Creek this morning (July 30, 2020). A pair of cooperative trogons were along the dirt road near the bridge, about 100 yds down the road toward the paved road. A Sulfur-bellied Flycatcher was about a quarter mile farther down stream along the road. Nearer town, a male Calliope Hummingbird gave good looks.
***************
My wife and I spent yesterday morning (July 29, 2020) poking along the road from Onion Saddle to Rustler Park in the Chiricahuas above Portal, AZ.
We stopped at many patches of evergreens and found lots of first year Graceís Warblers. Other warblers were: Black-throated Gray, Red-faced, Hermit, and Townsend warblers. These small flocks generally had several Mexican Chickadees with them. We probably saw a total of six chickadees. We also had two very large flocks of bushtits and many Pygmy Nuthatches.
Wildflowers were scarce (so far).
In Portal itself we saw two male Rufous Hummingbirds and a Violet-crowned, plus the usual other hummers.
Tom Arny
General Delivery
Portal, AZ
85632