Date: 7/31/20 1:36 pm
From: Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] A Note About Wood Ducks
All:

Pete Dunne wrote this about Wood Ducks.  "Most waterfowl prefer an open habitat, but this duck likes to be where it's dark and thick: heavily wooded swamps or sluggish streams with overhanging branches are ideal." and "Birds often perch on logs and branches on the water or high on tree limbs (along which they can walk nimbly)."

On May 16, 2006 on my way to Yosemite I stopped for a while at Caswell State Park, where I had 2 Wood Ducks noisily fooling around high above me in the very top of tall Poplar trees.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22085): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22085
-=-=-
-=-=-