Date: 7/31/20 12:03 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Looking, Unsuccessfully, For a Wood Duck in Santa Clara County on 7/30/2020
Frank,

Glad you gave that a try. It always works well. If you want to find even MORE reports for species you have not seen this year, you can set up to receive “Needs” alerts for birds in the current year by going to the Explore Section and licking “Alerts”. That way, you will be alerted about birds that were not photographed.

Another interesting thing to do is visit the Explore section, scroll down and click on “Target Species”. Set your parameters for whatever you need.

Matthew Dodder
Executive Director
Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
22221 McClellan Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
408-252-3748
<director...> <mailto:<director...>
scvas.org <http://scvas.org/>

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...> wrote:
>
> All:
>
> Looking over my past data I found that I hadn't recorded a wood Duck as a county-year-bird. So I used Bill Pelletier's powerful method (posted on May 26), which I have bookmarked as "Explore Species Photographed". With the Location as Santa Clara, and sorting for Newest First, I found that on July 25 Carol Ann Krug Graves photographed a female Wood Duck at Vasona Lake County Park.
>
> So I spent a pleasant couple hours exploring the creek at Vasona. I did find the female Common Merganser on the creek, but I missed the Wood Duck.
>
> Thanks again Bill.
>
> Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22084): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22084
-=-=-