Date: 7/31/20 11:48 am
From: 'YahoomaiI..Service' <skwheelock...> [RIBIRDS] <RIBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: [RIBIRDS] Little Stint experience
This Fri [31st] morning in the rain, I visited Charlestown Breachway on the east side trying to locate the Little Stint that was recently relocated there on the mudflats. It took some waist deep wading a channel to reach the mudflats and once there, greeted with a large number of Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers, a few Wllets, Short-billed Dowitchers, Piping & Semipalmated Plovers, Greater Yellowlegs, Ruddy Turnstones, 1 Wht-rumped Sandpiper, Sanderlings Plus my target bird the colorful Little Stint.Fortunately another couple out there spotted the Stint out in the maze of the sandpipers, then the Little Stint flew close to us on a sandy spit of the mudflat were the Stint terrorized all the Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers in the Stint's territory - making mad dashes at them and chasing them off & on & on - it was easy to pick out the Little Stint out of the nearby sandpipers from the aggressive behavior.Other interesting birds on the mudflats were Least & Common Terns, Laughing Gulls, Osprey, Great & Snowy Egrets, Canada Geese, Seaside Sparrows, Tree & Barn & Bank Swallow, Fish Crows, etc, etc
Strickland WheelockUxbridge  MA

Join us on Facebook!