Date: 7/31/20 11:36 am
From: Allen Gathman <agathman...>
Subject: Summer Seasonal Report information request

The ornithological summer season is June 1 – July 31, and as it comes to an
end, I’m requesting that you send me your significant sightings for the
period. Please take some time to sort through your records for this period
and send me your Summer Seasonal Report before August 15. Contact
information is listed at the end of this e-mail.

Your seasonal report should only include significant sightings during the
period. Examples of "significant sightings" include:

* any species listed as "rare", "casual", or "accidental" on the Annotated
Checklist of Missouri Birds: *http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp;
<http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp;>*

*unusually early or late dates (check Mark Robbins excellent resource in
the updated 'The Status and Distribution of Birds in Missouri' available
for free download at *https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/handle/1808/26287
<https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/handle/1808/26287>*)

* high counts or unusually low counts (also include a note if a species
usually present in your area during this period appeared to be completely
absent or unusually abundant).

Information about weather events, flooding, and other conditions affecting
habitat in your area would be very helpful.

Please include the following information:

1) Species

2) Number observed

3) Age/Sex (if known)

4) County

5) Location (i.e. park, residence, city, etc.)

6) Date

7) Additional Notes (such as notes about how you arrived at a particularly
difficult identification, and whether you submitted documentation for
casual or accidental species)

8) Observer (s)

PHOTOS -- Submission of photos showing your significant sightings through
the season is encouraged. High-resolution images can be e-mailed in JPEG
format.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published in
the American Birding Association's "journal of record for birders," North
American Birds; and a summary of sightings is also published in the ASM's
quarterly publication, The Bluebird.

PLEASE REMEMBER -- Your sightings should be either submitted directly to me
or in the ebird public output in order to be considered for inclusion in
the final seasonal report. Sightings posted only to MOBIRDS-L will not be
included in the report.

Please send your sightings to me at one of the addresses below before
August 15. I will reply to each e-mail to confirm receipt.

email: <agathman...>

Mailing address: PO Box 1, Pocahontas, MO 63779

Thanks!

-Allen Gathman

Pocahontas (Cape Girardeau County)

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/