Date: 7/31/20 7:17 am
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Possible Western Tanager in Durham
Birders
A colleague of mine reported seeing two Western Tanagers in the Faculty Road neighborhood in Durham. I sent her a photo of a molting Scarlet Tanager, and her reply was that she saw the white wing stripe on one of the birds. So anyone in that part of Durham should keep eyes peeled for something unusual!

The Acadian this morning at Oyster River Forest was calling repeatedly along the little stream that flows into the river in the large open field where the wheatear was a few years back. Ellen Snyder, who found the bird, got a clean look, and I got glimpses, as it favored the biggest tree along the rill and stayed in cover almost constantly. I am craving pizza now for some reason.

A soaring kite was visible from the Durham library about 2:30 Thursday.

Finally, there were two red crossbills at the Woodridge playing fields briefly Thursday morning.

Kurk Dorsey
Durham