Date: 7/31/20 5:35 am
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Emily Renzel Wetlands
BTW, for those of you that don't know how to get to Emily Renzel, visit:
https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips. We're planning on publishing a
few of these every month. If you would like to help, please email me at
<scvasfieldtrips...>

Happy birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:31 PM Michelle Nelson <mmnelson57...>
wrote:

> I visited Emily Renzel Wetlands Wednesday. I had checked out the Alviso
> County Park first, but the birds were pretty far away and I knew I could
> see some activity over in Palo Alto. I wasn't disappointed.
> While I have seen aggressive behavior in birds before, this was pretty
> special because I was able to get a good expression in a photo.
> A killdeer parent was sharing a clump of vegetation with a juvenile green
> heron. I didn't even know the heron was there. After about 5 minutes, the
> heron decided it had had enough of "sharing," so it let the killdeer know
> that this little spot was his/hers. The killdeer tried moving away, first
> to the left, then the right, but the heron was still not satisfied. Yikes.
> After it got its way, it stayed for maybe two minutes, then left! Teenagers!
>
> *I resized the photos. I hope it works. I'm still learning the tricks of
> the trade.*
>
> Michelle Nelson

View/Reply Online (#22082): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22082
-=-=-