Date: 7/30/20 1:23 pm
From: Clifford Cathers <azbirding...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]AZ:07/30/20:Outside the Patons Center Patagonia
External Email

I spent an hour and a half on the road outside the Paton's Center in Patagonia early this morning without a starthroat sighting (with a loose group of about 14 or 15 socially distant birders).  With this horrid weather, I think we're all a little desperate for something good to look at.  I'm sure the bird is still around but my patience waned.  I'm no longer a crowd birder I fear.

Other birds in the area included CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD, multiple VIOLET-CROWNED HUMMINGBIRDs, constantly calling NORTHERN BEARDLESS TYRANNULETs, a few YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOs, THICK-BILLED KINGBIRD and the other usual suspects (SUMMER TANAGER, YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT, BROWN-CRESTED FLYCATCHER, ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER and the like).

Looking at 0.0 inches of rain in Vail, AZ from June 15 through July 31.  No rain in July!  None!  Absolutely unbelievable.....

Clifford A. Cathers

Vail, AZ
Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/Home Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds