Date: 7/30/20 12:24 pm
From: Jack Smiley <jackrsmiley...>
Subject: [birders] Eastern Towhee; Sandhill Cranes
While doing some work this afternoon at the Secrest Nature Preserve in
Superior Township, it was nice to hear an Eastern Towhee. I had heard and
seen several earlier this spring, but it's nice to know that some are still
around. I also saw and heard three very noisy Sandhill Cranes in the
adjacent farm field (which happens to be protected by the County with a
conservation easement).

The Secrest Nature Preserve isn't open to the public yet, but hopefully
everyone will be able to explore its wonders in the future, perhaps by next
year. I will post to the list when the Southeast Michigan Land
Conservancy has their opening announcement. Understandably, the
uncertainties of this year have set plans back a bit.

Jack Smiley

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PXurOpYd1Onca%3Dmi%2Bks2qz82QLo%2B%<3DV5jgyDoFFn2Zs46Q...>

Join us on Facebook!